+ Reply to Thread

Java Update - Oct. 23

Ciber
    Owner

Java Update - Oct. 23

Hey guys, i've been busy irl, so not much time for updates. If your interested in doing some scripting parts, make a ticket and get my MSN.

All Java on the CiberScape side has been updated to 7, however upon restarting the site, it's throwing an illegal URL exception.. there are 2 ways you can prevent this:
    Just download the client to your desktop: http://play.wefixnsell.com/client.jar
    If you want to be able to play it on your web browser, go to Control Panel, Search the control panel for "java". Then click Settings under General tab, and uncheck save temporary files to my computer.

I have read this is an error in the latest version of java, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Under; 10-23-2012 at 10:52 PM.

Keegs

CiberScape has a chance to live on.

Also I can't download .jar files, any reason why? Whenever I opened them it says path unspecified error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol View Post
    why do i need to download Jagex to play ciberscape?

Ciber
    Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Keegs View Post
    CiberScape has a chance to live on.

Also I can't download .jar files, any reason why? Whenever I opened them it says path unspecified error.
    Try right clicking the link > Save file as..
    Shouldn't be a problem if your using chrome though..

Keegs

It opens a CMD prompt saying:
    (Under C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/bin/java.exe)

"Error: Could not find or load main class C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/client (1).jar"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol View Post
    why do i need to download Jagex to play ciberscape?

Ired

Quote Originally Posted by Keegs View Post
    It opens a CMD prompt saying:
    (Under C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/bin/java.exe)

"Error: Could not find or load main class C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/client (1).jar"
    Woah, keegs, long time. No see. Hey by the way
    Play || Vote || HighScores || Store || Support || Server checker

In-game Member
    --CiberScapian since June, 2010--

Divine Mercy

Thanks, finally fixed that problem for me. im pretty sure i was the first to have this problem. REALLY Sucked for me. Thanks again

s0ccerlovr4

Good thing we have players.

Purple sweet

Ciber if you are interested I could help you out on the server side. I know abit of java coding and website designing. You do have my brother's msn so pm him on there and he will refer you to me.

Thanks

Officially the most loved female ever to play CIBERSCAPE

Nature
    Banned

That awkward moment when you see a misleading title that says "Update", when really it is just a Java update... Ciber, I go to school & work full time. I also have a girl, and it is Christmas time so I am going to go visit family a lot this month. Even with all that going on, I still have leftover time. There is no way that you are too busy to add in some codes, even if you have to slowly work on updates then add them when they are finally done. At least it is something, the server is so outdated that it's ridiculous. So please Ciber, I speak for all of us when I say either start updating or pass the server on to someone who will.

Merry F*cking Christmas,

Expert

Hate Pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Nature View Post

Merry F*cking Christmas,

Expert
    Merry Christmas